Islington is a modern iteration of a classic country shoe.
Pared back from typical gimping (zig-zag finished edges), with a sleeker sole and razor-fine finishing, it has been modernised and is ready to wear now next to fine tailoring. With an almond toe and easy fitting instep, it offers comfort but not at the expense of style. The rich and natural luxury of calf leather from Tanneries du Puy in France, allows the shoe to be worn confidently next to many different textures.
Islington owes its name to a once tiny village that sprawled to become a larger borough of London.
• Flat cut edges
• Almond toe shape
• Hand-finished Calfskin upper from Tanneries du Puy, France
• Calfskin lining
• Suede back lining for longevity
• Vegetable tanned leather sole
• Closed-channel Blake stitch sole
• Hand painted & tooled sole edges
• Made in Portugal